As a Mother of two I have to admit life has changed somewhat since having kids. Whilst it is every bit ‘worth it’ there are moments when I begin to worry about my own sanity, you know those times when you find yourself questioning Bings relationship with Flop or whilst looking under random furnishings for the missing jigsaw piece you start to wonder whether it’s a reflection upon your own life? Yeh well I’m sure as hell it’s not just me pondering over life following popping a sprog or two, here’s my list of ‘ten points of parenting’.
- You wake up with random body parts strewn over your body as your little one kicks out the zzzzs having finally found comfort as a starfish in your bed. Even if they have the most stylish and comfortable bed in the house your bed somehow always seems to be more inviting.
- You are accustomed to having an audience whilst mid pee. Who cares about personal space? Toilet time no longer offers any moments of privacy.
- You find yourself wishing that shops sold cute clothing like your kids wear in adult size. Why can’t we have cute dungarees like them? After all we have onesies, why not go the whole hogg!?
- You find yourself having to strategically ‘cheat’ when playing board games with your kids to avoid potential melt downs. Suddenly trying to lose seems to become a whole lot harder than attempting to win in the first place.
- You find yourself happily sat colouring in despite your little one having lost interest, no wonder that they have colouring for adults these days, it’s so peaceful and relaxing! Come to think of it, is it the colouring or simply just being able to grab two minutes to yourself that seems so appealing?
- You now know the words to the entire series of Peppa Pig and whilst you loathe the sodding pig you still find yourself eternally grateful for her ability to comfort your little ones should they be having a bad day.
- The doll’s house arrives and you spend great amounts of time placing all the furniture and figures in an organised fashion into each room. One hour later your hard work is undone within seconds as your little hurricane merrily destroys the feng-shui of ‘Lavender Cottage’.
- You once left the house with your phone and wallet, now you find yourself not only having to carry the essentials for your child but you also seem to find yourself carrying a tonne of dolls, books and other random figures that your child swears that they won’t lose and insists must come along for the ride. You later find Elsa is missing a shoe and are desperate to say “I told you so” but instead find yourself crawling around the back seats to locate said shoe.
- You once had a display cabinet filled with your finest drinking glasses but now have a cupboard stuffed full of random plastic tumblers, only two of which your child will now drink from as they have the floaty glitter in, which of course prohibits them from being dishwashed leaving you with yet more pots to wash!
- Your dreams of a minimalistic lifestyle are well and truly dashed. Your ‘Ideal Home’ living room now looks like a scene from Toys R Us on Black Friday.
Despite the above list I wouldn’t change a thing, I love my kids dearly and have them both to thank for life’s crazy but ‘oh so worth it’ moments all of which I treasure.
I would love to hear some of your own parenting points so be sure to comment below, let’s share the good, bad, funny or sad and down right nutty points of parenting.
Thanks for reading xxx