Happy new year and welcome to 2021, a year that we can only hope and pray will be better than it’s predecessor. I would say that ‘it can’t be any worse’ but I’ll edge on the side of caution and keep my lips firmly closed and my fingers tightly crossed…
I would usually write a post reflecting upon the past year’s bucket list and commenting as to whether I’d achieved my goals or otherwise. However, given that I’ve spent almost the entirety of last year living in lockdown, I shan’t bother, as I’m sure you are well aware that like most of us, I achieved next to nothing when it came to my wish list.
Despite still being in the middle of a world pandemic, I’ve decided to give a ‘goals list’ another shot and have put together a little list of hopes and dreams for the year ahead. After all, we all should hold out hope and be sure to dream big. So without further ado, here are a few of my goals/ wishes for 2021:
- Read more books
- Spend more time outside in the fresh air
- Get back to yoga classes – once normality resumes
- Order a hot tub – well why not? We only live once and life is so very short…
- Get the kitchen done!
- Replace the grotty wooden windows
- Redecorate/ wallpaper the chimney breast
- Spend more time practicing and playing the piano
- Lose the lockdown/ Christmas/ stress-diet weight
- Live more for the moment rather than according to the plan.
So there we have it, my ten goals for 2021 – whether or not I’ll achieve any of the above list is yet to be seen, wish me luck!
On that note, I’d like to end this post by wishing you all a very safe, healthy, and happy new year.