Rather than write a list of resolutions for the new year which I could never commit to nor achieve, I decided to write a ‘Bucket List’ of wishes and things to aim towards in 2017.
I am far more likely to achieve a few of the points listed and as a result feel far more accomplished come December 2017 when reflecting upon resolutions I would no doubt fail and add to yet another ‘one day’ list…
So here goes with my Bucket List for 2017…
My 2017 Bucket List
- Get a new job (one which pays well per hour and allows me to work more sociable hours).
- Lose weight (ideally two stone in weight fitting nicely into a size twelve without the need for laying down to squeeze into jeans).
- Finish bedrooms the children’s bedrooms with carpet and fittings. (This should be done by the end of January all things being well)
- Put together the new study in a minimalist style (without hoarding uggins of junk)
- Get new blinds for the entire house (this will require some serious saving)
- Get new windows for the house (once again this will also require some serious saving)
- Save up for a new kitchen (and hopefully have a new kitchen within the next two years if I am being realistic)
- Have a holiday (ideally to Florida but more than likely to somewhere in Spain which will cost us far less and the kids will equally enjoy).
- Teach E how to write her name and to recognise and read the letters of the alphabet before she starts School come September. (Seriously how on Earth is my little lady starting school in 2017?!)
- Consider new car options (and once again start saving money for said new motor)
- Improve my blog readership and stats (so feel free to share my posts if you fancy giving a helping hand)
- Improve my social media presence and stats (I really need to work upon Pinterest and Instagram as well as figuring out how the hell to increase my Facebook followers)
- Return to Vlogging (and stop worrying about what my family, friends or anyone else should have to say about this).
- Go to more blogging conferences (ideally BritMums and of course, Blog On).
- To stop caring so much about what other people think and to simply ‘be myself’.
Let’s hope I achieve at least six of the above, I’d be happy with that. I do especially want to lose some weight and that is the one thing I am going to give serious focus to over the next few months beginning with a return to the dreaded ‘Slimming World’. Don’t worry I won’t inundate you with endless weight loss posts as I doubt there will be much weight lost but I can dream right?
I’d love to hear some of your resolutions or bucket list points for 2017, be sure to share your lists with me be either leaving a comment below, dropping me an email or getting in touch via one of my many social media pages.
I hope you have a fantastic New Years Eve whether you are staying in, going out or hiding under a duvet waiting for it all to be over. Heres to a new year, let’s hope it’s a good one!