This time last year I put together a list of targets for 2022. I’d like to take a moment to reflect upon these and to identify what I/ we have achieved throughout the year.
Paint the living room banisters and skirting in white and grey Change the lighting in the living room Wallpaper and paint the living room
- Lay new stairs carpet
- Add facia boards to the front of the house
- Board out the attic entirely in order to increase storage space
- Repaint, restyle, and carpet J’s room in purple and green
- Repaint E’s room with a fresh coat of pink
Get a bigger, better television for the living room
- Have extra plug sockets added to the kitchen
- Lose some weight by exercising and eating more healthily
Book some days/ time out and about with the kids (Ideally I’d like to take them abroad but this entirely depends upon government guidance and the progress of the pandemic) Upgrade my outdated iPhone
- Be body confident (this I’m hoping to achieve in a number of ways but I’ll start with updating my wardrobe a little…)
Though I haven’t completed all fifteen of my original targets, I managed a solid seven which is pretty impressive considering the year that we’ve had. I’m actually quite pleased with how we’ve got along in terms of updating the house, though we’ve still got plenty of work to do, it can wait for the time being.
On that note, I will take some of the above (marked in red) to add alongside my goals for 2023. Here’s to a new year, a fresh start, and yet another list…