It’s starting to feel a lot like Autumn, officially in the UK Autumn starts tomorrow but in my eyes it has already arrived. The sky seems duller, the temperature has dropped and the trees are beginning to shed their leaves.
Why I Love Autumn
I love Autumn, it is the season of all things ‘snuggly’, here are just a few of the things which I relate to Autumn.
- Fluffy throws being thrown over the beds for added warmth.
- Wooly socks to keep your feet snug on the school run.
- Steamy Hot Chocolate to warm you from the inside out.
- Crispy leaves which dance around in the autumn wind.
- Wellington boots which become the everyday essential.
- Fleecy jackets to keep you snug when out and about.
- The smell of chimney smoke.
- Sticky ginger bread fresh from the oven.
- Treacle toffee treats.
- Pumpkin carving and Halloween crafts.
- The nights drawing in as winter edges closer.
- The smell of christmas, by which I mean that colder air tinged with a sparkle of magic.
- Hot soups and stews with chunky bread.
- Snuggling up with loved ones to watch cheesy Saturday night television.
- The oranges, yellows, browns and deep reds that nature paints our landscape.
- Long sleeved tops and chunky jumpers.
- Hats, gloves and scarves become not only an accessory but an essential.
- Bonfires crackling and tainting the air with that burnt autumn scent.
- Fireworks and sparklers lighting the sky.
- Being able to put the heating on with no guilt and enjoying the warmth within the family home.
- Ugg boots, oh the Ugg boots!
Get In Touch
What do you associate with Autumn? Is it perhaps your favoured season? Do you look forward to ‘the fall’ or dread the dark nights? I’d love to hear from you whether it be through a comment, a social media message or a good old email, let me know!