Summer has arrived and whilst the weather may be far from sunshine and blue skies I intend to make full use of the upcoming holidays, to be sure that I do I decided to create a ten point bucket list of all that I’d like to achieve over the next few months.
My Summer Bucket List
- To enjoy a well-needed holiday to Majorca with the husband and the kids, making full use of the all-inclusive as well as all nine of the swimming pools included on site!
- To have not one but many BBQs with family and friends in our recently renovated back garden. Never mind getting piddled on patios, I’ll be getting drunk on the decking whilst Paul sizzles his sausages (or whatever he fancies cooking) and the kids run riot.
- Celebrate our little ladies fourth birthday in style, Moana style to be precise. I am hoping to hire a bouncy castle to stick in the garden weather permitting and put on drinks and a buffet spread for adults and children alike to enjoy.
- Paul and I will shortly be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary, our first decade has flown by! Although on the day I will most likely be in the midst of packing cases for the upcoming holiday I hope to at least go out for a meal or if not get a take away to mark the occasion.
- Whilst we always make grand plans to get out and about visiting some of the many tourist attractions we are surrounded by during the summer it’s not often that we actually manage to do so. At some point over the holidays I hope to visit both Fell Foot Park and Grizedale Forest for a wander around with the little ones.
- Tacky as it may be, I adore Blackpool and given that E is yet to visit the Pleasure Beach I have a feeling we may well find ourselves there at some point over the summer. Heres hoping we find some offers or deals on tickets in the meantime.
- I’ve been saying for some time now that I hope to find a new career path, I’ve worked really hard on applying to what feels like endless amounts of jobs and have received countless ‘Dear John’ letters but here’s hoping (fingers and toes crossed) that by Autumn I might just find something else other than bar work to throw my focus and efforts into.
- To teach E how to write her name prior to starting school. We have worked upon mark making, following lines, tracing letters and now we need to pull it all together and get ready for starting school.
- Come the August bank holiday Paul and I are hoping to obtain a babysitter as we have been very kindly invited to attend a party of sorts currently referred to as Cheesefields by our good friends. I look forward to kicking back and enjoying a night off before September arrives and routine returns.
- Given that I wish to wear swimwear whilst lazing by the pool come August I really should retract the exercise bike from the garage and ‘give it some’ as having lost a few pounds over the past few months it seems they have slowly crept back on whilst I wasn’t looking I was probably too busy gorging on ginger biscuits or picking at pasties!
I’d love to read your Summer Bucket List, please feel free to comment below with your ideas, suggestions or share links to your own lists for me to read below.